Friday, January 22, 2010

There is LOTs Going On In My Pretty Little Head:)

Here are just a few things bouncing around my head....

  • It is Friday and I am excited to go learn how to use my CM software that I bought...umm like 2 years ago!
  • Yoli has me rethinking sending Sophie to Chinese School to learn Mandarin. See her comment on my last post.
  • I suck at teaching my children to sleep on their own. Ben and Hannah didn't torture me as badly as Sophie has....but they didn't stop waking me up in the middle of the night until they turned 4 years old.
  • I am now sleeping on the trundle bed in Sophie's room. She cried for 30 minutes with me 6 inches away from her. I confess that I was exhausted and my reaction was not my proudest parenting moment.
  • I really really need her to sleep all night in her own bed. She really really needs to sleep all night in her own bed.
  • I ordered a weighted blanket. We are waiting for it to be delivered and are calling it "the magic mermaid sleeping blanket"
  • Apparently the biggest thing going on in my life right now is Sophie not sleeping.
  • Oh wait....I have a famous ex-boyfriend. No I will not kiss and tell....unless drinks are involved, a fire is burning in the firepit, and everyone listening is sworn to secrecy and laughter:) If you want to know what he looked like when I dated him you can LOOK here.
  • I have started back to the gym. I waited for everyone who started on January 1st to give up.
  • I bought a wii f1t....I was laughing so hard at sophie playing the soccer game I thought I was going to pee my pants. She is one funny kid!!
  • I really want to go visit her but the flights are so dang expensive.
and last but not least....

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Snap on the sleep. I just posted video of Hannah's "peaceful sleep". So glad I caught it on video - I've emailed the psychologist! Maybe he has a magic wand.

t~ said...

The sexy centerfold Senator is just to much of a good thing to not laugh about all year long!
I got lots more in me...

Can't wait for you to use your software. 'bout damn time.

I hate the Jan 1st crowd. They hog up valuable equipment in the gym and make it a nightmare for the regular folk. I didn't go for the first 2 weeks in Jan cause I'm bitchy like that.

I miss everyone as well and can't wait to do it again soon, but by golly...book a ticket and get your keyster down here! You're worth the price;0)
If I were really wealthy, I'd fly all my friends down, but instead, I'm going to give all my wealth to my new dentist friend, jerk.

Susan said...

Maryellen....
You might have tried this, BUT my idea is a sticker chart???
I have two VERY DIFFERENT CHILDREN (from one another,I mean) and sticker charts just work for me...esp when I need to calm down the CRAHHAAHHAZYY MAMA!!

Antinette said...

I just stumbled on your blog, loving it! My daughter, age 5, came home from China at 35 months. Her sleep issues were so awful the first year home, I thought I would lose my mind. We were all very very sleep deprived. She too would keep herself awake at nap time- finally I threw out the nap all together (we were spending hours trying to no avail) and started putting her down much earlier. One thing our attachment therapist said to us that made so much sense was, "your little one is absolutely terrified to go to sleep." It's not that she's not cooperating, doesn't want to cooperate, the poor little thing was scared, for many reasons, so things like sticker charts, rewards, etc. that might work with other children didn't work because of her history- so unfortunately, most sleep books didn't really help us either. We did find a few things that work, one is a very structured "sleep routine" and there are others I can share if you'd like to email me (I'd take up too much room if I wrote them all here.) I so feel for you- I can remember days when I barely could function for lack of sleep. Please know it will get better- our daughter is sleeping in her own bed now. We have times when it works and times when it doesn't, but it is getting better.
Best,
Antinette Mama to Hadley