Friday, January 1, 2010

DECEMBER 27th


I have been lazy about getting this post up...I got it up on FB on time but not here so here is a little update.

I have TWO teenagers now! Hannah turned 13 years old on December 27th! In case you don't know Hannah here are a few things about my teenage girl.

* She never takes a bad picture. Seriously she is one photogenic chica.

* She likes being home. I suspect she will go to college right up the road.

* She is just b*tchy enough not to be a doormat, and still be a sweet girl.

* She is smart and works hard for her grades.

* Teachers looooove Hannah.

* She loves dogs...every kind of dog.

* She is tall and skinny.

* She loooooves chocolate.

* She has her Dad wrapped around her little finger.

* She still likes to snuggle.

* She loves pink and green.

* She is a fashionista.

* She is a good girl and makes us proud to be her Mom and Dad!


The cake!
Outside Carlo's



For Hannah's birthday we decided to make a "pilgrimage" to Carlo's Bakery in Hoboken New Jersey. Hannah and I love to crawl in to my bed and watch the Cake B0ss. I ordered a cake for Hannah's birthday in her favorite colors of course! My Iph*ne said that it would take us 8 hours or so to get there. Apparently Iph0ne does not have an app for the jersey turnpike! TEN hours later we arrived at our hotel! The next day we headed to the bakery only to find a huge line out the door. I am happy to say that the line moved pretty fast. I got Hannah's cake and some cupcakes for some friends back in NC. My Mom bought some yummy "lobster claws" and let me tell you, they were delicious! We don't have any Italian bakery's here where we live....just as well because I do loooove some Italian pastries!! It was a whirlwind of a trip but worth having to sit on the Jersey turnpike. It was a birthday that Hannah will never forget!


Hannah, cousins Lillian and Helen with Buddy the Cake B0ss!

Hannah and Buddy

Hannah with Buddy's sister Grace, cousins Lillian and Helen

11 comments:

HuluMama said...

What an awesome birthday trip!!!

Robin said...

what a cool birthday to remember forever. Lovely cake too!

Polar Bear said...

You are by far the coolest mom, EVER!!!

I would have never thought of such a great gift!! How awesome!!!

Happy Be-lated Birthday Hannah!!
The cake looks amazing!

Kim said...

How fun..
Great 13th Birthday.. Love the cake..

Jenna said...

That is one awesome birthday!

I love that show too! I'm so jealous... but it would take us at least 5 days to drive there, seven if there is a blizzard in North Dakota.

kitchu said...

what a FABULOUS birthday! if only we all had such cool mom's growing up, right? happy 13th a little late to your beautiful daughter. she looks just like her mom!

Susan said...

You are a good mama to take that trip for your sweet girl!--hmm hmm {young lady}! :)
Hannah is gorgeous! (sounds like this is true inside and out)
Happy New Year!

t~ said...

Wow, who's Kiki? I'm impressed.
My Chinese instinct thinks it says Happy Birthday!!.....?

I agree that Hannah is one spectacular little girl and if you're ever thinking of re-homing her, I'd be really interested. ;0)

Happy Birthday Beautiful Hannah!

Jill said...

OMGoodness! How cool of a birthday trip is that?!?!

Happy Birthday Hannah!

Yoli said...

What a great trip! What beautiful child.

Anonymous said...

And I am sooo glad to be her Oma (grandmother). I miss her as I live up North, but she is never too far away with a computer or phone.. Thank goodness for that. Happy Birthday my Hannah.