Wednesday, October 21, 2009

More to it than you think.....

Sophie and I recently returned from our girls weekend up at the lake house. Our lives have transitioned from adopting to sorting through all that adoption brings to a family. There were lots of discussions about abandonment, and how we hope to address it with our daughters, in an honest and open way. How we hope to be able to provide a safe environment to "walk that journey with our daughters". Amy with LWB recently posted yet another scenario that parents of children with special needs should consider as they explore the possible scenarios of their child's abandonment.

1 comment:

The Gang's Momma! said...

I loved Amy's post. What she wrote about is one of the reasons that I've avoided "romanticizing" or fictionalizing our daughter's finding story. I also feel as if it's not really my story to tell and so I don't share it with a ton of folks. To put into MY words any thoughts or feelings or descriptions of circumstances surrounding the decision to leave my daughter at her local police precinct is not mine to do. I do think often of her birth mother tho, and wish I could somehow thank her for the precious gift of Li'l Empress. For she is indeed a gift, no matter the scenario by which she came to me.