Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Some Bullets with a Side of Cuteness






* It seems that once you land on planet middle school you need to sleep waaaay more than your two year old sister and snarky is the best way to describe you demeanor. Nuff said.

* I found out the other day that Ben can take the 8 hours of drivers ed classroom time this summer. Really? Is the state of NC CRAZY??

* Ben threw a quarter at Hannah the other day, when I reprimanded him this was his response...."mom it was only a quarter." To which I responded " Ummm Ben do you think a dime would have hurt her less??" He laughed....Do I really want him driving a car?????

* School is going well....considering that NC now boast a 10 page IEP and that is with only one goal page. Seriously when was the last time someone at the DPI had to write and IEP and still teach children with a wide range of disabilities!?!?

* Sophie is one happy girl. Chris brings her to daycare every morning. She insists on opening the door to her classroom. When I pick her up in the afternoon she runs to me saying "mommy!". Gaaaw I just love her to pieces!

* I am not exactly sure why the GOP thinks that Hillary supporters will vote for Palin.....is it because Palin also has breasts??? I voted for Hillary cuz she has balls!

* Beautiful fall weather has rolled in to NC. I love the fall in NC. I hope it is a nice long fall followed by a really short winter!

* Chris has started planning our anniversary weekend get away. We will head to Asheville to stay at a bed and breakfast. We love Asheville. November will mark 15 years of marital bliss:)

19 comments:

Rebecca Lily said...

We love Asheville too!!! I have an aunt in NC and we love visiting Asheville when we are there.

Funny little updates on the kids... you make me laugh. :)

Cute pictures of Sophie! The facial expression in the 2nd one is killer!

xoxo

C's Mom said...

Coming from a home with 5 big brothers I can attest that a dime actually DOEDS hurt less ;0)

Good stuff..laughing about Hillary's balls.

Oh, and that cuteness is the main dish for me. Just love those pics.

Catherine said...

So much cuteness packed into 4 little pics! That second one just cracks me up! So glad you captured that adorable little face with it's cute expression.

Ah, the joy of middle school attitude. *ugh!* How long until high school? :o)

Love the way your sweetie runs to you when you pick her up at daycare! Too sweet!!

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

That little one is so adorable!!! What a face!!!
Ha, you gotta love teenagers LOL and those driving years, they are priceless! I have been through it 4x...enjoy ; )

Kayce said...

Ahhh middle school, gotta love them aliens! Great pictures...love the smiles!

Anonymous said...

dear Lord, help us parents of middle schoolers!

t~ said...

The side of cuteness is more like a plate full!

*So when exactly does that internal clock change in the middle schoolers? I've heard about it, but no luck so far. I'd love for mine to sleep in longer.

*W comes running with a big "Moooommmmy" when I pick him up, melts my heart.

*I would have voted if I could have for Hillary. She would have turned me Democrat, but not Obama.

*We are tied on our years of marital bliss. Not so sure my dh is finding the bliss this morning...apparently I donated his Ping golf clubs to Goodwill by complete mistake. =0) oops.

Special K said...

I'll take a double of cuteness every day of the week.

PS. So I wonder where your kids get their snark from? :P

Carol said...

I wanted Hillary in the White House so we could find out what Bill is up to next...hee hee that was a joke........

I love photo number 2!

We are going to Ocean City for our 12th year....taking the kids however, so I don't know if that counts......LOL............

4D said...

What a cutie cutie (so cute gotta say it twice!)

Enjoy Fall! I like this time of year but summer is my fave.

Keep smilin!

Patti and Co. said...

Hey I hope you all can use the gift cert. I love the pictures of Sophie. I can't get over how big she looks. I love middle school & all it's sarcasm. We took a vote up here & we are sooooo not ready for Ben to be driving.


by the way I am writing 16 page IEP's up here

RamblingMother said...

what cute pics.

Headmeister said...

the pics are priceless.... she is STUNNING...

Julia said...

Yes, "snarky" lives here too, in the form of my 11 year old. it's an interesting time...

Robin said...

gotta luuuuv middle school~ NOT.
Lovin Sophie sweet pics. I love that Maddy now does the same thing for me when I pick her up. She runs over yelling "Mommy" and gives me a big hug. The best medicine in the world after seeing a bunch of sick people all day long I tell you.
The b&b sounds GREAT. we are going to have our 10 year anniversary this year but I don't think there are any plans in the making. :0( Sometimes I wonder whatever happened to the romantic man I married 10 years ago.. :0(

Kim said...

Love those middle schoolers.....
Now mine are all in High-school.. it gets better...
LOVE the pictures...
The second one cracks me up..
Glad things are going well.
Have a Great Week..

Rebecca Lily said...

Maryellen, question... how many days did you wait for LOA for Sophie?

kitchu said...

I so wish I lived in anyplace that had 4 seasons!! Ready to MOVE out of Florida!!

That's a lot of cuteness, by the way!

Colleen said...

Cuteness overload man! Holy cow is she stinkin sweet!!! (Hannah has that same outfit...wore it today...Tee-hee!)

Hitting 11 years this weekend.

Hope you have a great time away!