Sunday, September 14, 2008

Pure Joy



Like many people I tend to get caught up in the day to day stuff and forget to notice the small things that are in fact the "big things" that make life great. Every once in awhile there are moments where I kind of step out of what is going on around me and really take notice. Last night was one of those times. We were at our local college watching a football game. We were there with our 3 kids, we met up with our good friends and their kids. We just sat on the hill watching the game and chatting while the kids ran around. As I sat there I looked over at my amazing husband talking and laughing, my son walking with his friend from first grade, still the same little boys I remember, but quickly turning into young men it seems before my eyes, I turned and looked the other way to see my two daughters laughing and rolling down the hill....blissful is the best way to describe their laughter. I sat there amazed that this is my life. Even as I write this it brings tears to my eyes. My life! I am truly blessed, lucky whatever you want to call it....I am just so thankful.

17 comments:

Paulette said...

its the little things in life that we need to remeber. Beautiful post.

Rebecca Lily said...

What a sweet video, and reminder to slow down and enjoy - NOTICE - those beautiful moments that we are blessed with. Like little gifts that sometimes we never open.

xoxo

Rebecca Lily said...

What a sweet video, and reminder to slow down and enjoy - NOTICE - those beautiful moments that we are blessed with. Like little gifts that sometimes we never open.

xoxo

t~ said...

Indeed my friend, your life is truly blessed!

Kim said...

Love the video...
The girls are sooo cute..
You are sooo correct... the little things in life are much important...
You are truly blessed...
Have a Great Week...

Julia said...

Aw, this is just the sweetest video, I love those giggles! And you're so right - it's the little things. :-)

kitchu said...

Yes. Yes yes yes. Those are the moments that define a life well lived. I got teary with you just reading this. I remember doing that as a kid.

Kayce said...

Life is good and you are truly blessed. Those are memories that your kids will always remember.

Moore, Moore, Moore! said...

this made me almost cry :) I do have PMS, but it was still VERY sweet. Miss you guys and hope you are all doing great :)

4D said...

Awesome video. It is wonderful that you have such a special family and you all cherish each other.

Keep smilin!

C's Mom said...

I hear ya. That IS what it's all about.

Daniella said...

Great video - made me smile and want to roll down a grassy hill. It is the simple things that remind us what is important. What's great is that we remember that we are blessed and don't get caught up in the day to day - thanks for the reminder :)

Laurie said...

At the end of a long day - that post was just what I needed. Made me misty. I remember rolling down hills...also sliding on carpet squares down them! :-)

Kristin said...

It's so easy to forget that we are living the life we chose and prayed for and wanted... thanks for reminding me to slow down!

Catherine said...

What an adorable video! Nothing like children's giggles and laughter!

RamblingMother said...

how cute. love little girl giggles.

Colleen said...

That was beautiful - and yes, you are truly blessed. You have a wonderful family.