I am sure that you have all been on the edge of your seats wondering if I survived work this week or did I cave to the huge amount of stress that I have been under since returning to school....not to worry my friends:) I hit my my stress threshold last week so there really no where for my stress level to go but down!
*Last Friday I had a massage scheduled for 5:45 or so I thought. When I finally made it to the spa in happy anticipation of my well deserved massage I was informed that my appointment was at 4:45 and that they were closing in 15 minutes. I reacted like any woman at her stress threshold.....I cried. Not big boohoo tears but OMG I am not going to cry but it is quite possible that I am not going to make it tears. I think I even told the woman that how bad my month had been! I could tell she felt bad and she tried to reschedule me for another day, but I NEEDED a massage I was in full panic "I need to get a massage mode" and quickly assessed my options. I headed to another spa and was whisked away to relaxation bliss. My shoulders were so tight that once the massage therapist started she told me that it was going to be sore. She was right about that. It was a very good massage but I was such a wreck I needed some motr*n when I got home. I finally felt better Saturday night. This was the first massage that I have had that I did not fall asleep.
* On Monday I left a meeting after school early and headed to get some acupuncture to help me manage my stress a little better. It didn't hurt and I guess it seems to be working, or I just had a low key week. I have two little seeds under bandaids on my ears that I put pressure on when I feel my stress level increasing. Hannah says that the tiny bandaids on my ears look weird. I told her coming to visit her mother on the funny farm would be weird! Besides my hair covers them up!
* Only working four days a week is also good for decreasing my stress level:)
* I am not stressed at all about Christmas. Seriously there is nothing left to buy my (spoiled) children! Opening presents this year should be quick:)
* My Dad is coming for Thanksgiving and to help me paint the kids bedrooms.
* I am hosting Thanksgiving dinner this year. I could use some recipes if you care to leave your family fave.
* My Mom is coming down for Christmas. She will be here for her entire break. Chris and I are going to try to plan a little get away.
* Speaking of Chris:) We celebrated our 15th year of wedded bliss. We need to find some time and energy to celebrate.
* I am one lucky girl. I have job security ( really who the heck wants my job...LOL!) I have three great kids and a wonderful husband who loves me and puts up with my crap!
Hmmmm I think the acupuncture is working.