1. 1 Can Pillsbury "Grand rounds" refrigerated biscuits
2. Strawberry preserves (do not use jelly)
3. 1 egg
Here is what to do:
1. Wash your hands
2. Open and separate biscuits.
3. Working on a floured surface, press the biscuits flat into 3 inch circles, leaving the middle a little thicker then the edges.
4. Put a teaspoon of preserves into the center of each biscuit.
5. Pull the edges up over the filling and squeeze them together to seal. Make sure they're well sealed or the filling will leak out!
6. Roll the biscuits into balls and put them 2 inches apart on a greased baking sheet with the crimped side down.
7. Flatten them down gently with your hand until they're about 1/2 inch thick.
8. Beat the egg with one tablespoon water, just until it is mixed. ( I left this off due to a friend in Soph's class having a egg allergy)
9 Brush the mooncakes with the egg mixture.
10. Bake as directed on the package or until golden brown.
11. Put on racks to cool when done.
12. When cooled toss mooncakes in a gallon ziplock bag with some powdered sugar.