On the menu so far:
- Nian Gao. Chinese Sticky Cake. This cake is said to make people advance towards higher positions and prosperity step by step....hey it's a recession we need all the help we can get!
- Chinese Tea Eggs- I can't wait to try these! My friend Liz will be bringing this to dinner!
- Char Siu Bau. Chinese steamed buns with BBQ pork. I bought these at an Asian market but this recipe looks good.
- Pangseet-Indonesian fried wonton. My kids loooove these!
- Bami Goreng-Indonesian noodles-this will be our Long life noodle dish. I am going to use long Chinese egg noodles.
- Chicken in black bean sauce- Yummy and shhhh I can make this in the crockpot:)
- Kerupuk- I grew up eating these at my Oma's house. You use them to scoop up rice and meat. They are yummy! My kids call the "Chinese Chips"
- Scallion pancakes- Did you eat these in China? I love these!
- Beef Randang- A spicy Indonesian beef dish
- Rice and lots of it!
- Oranges and tangerines
Gong Xi Fa Cai!